Eco Sponge by Plantish
Plantish's zero waste, eco friendly sponges are the perfect alternative to sponges for dishes that are typically made from plastic. Made from wood pulp and loofah, these reusable sponges are plant-based and compostable, another great addition to your eco friendly cleaning tools!
The white part is spongy and absorbent, made of wood pulp while the yellow-brown part is scrubby and helps soap become sudsy, made of loofah.
Loofah has been used by different cultures for centuries before plastic was mass-produced. It replaces traditional plastic sponges in dishwashing and general household cleaning.
- durable: tough for stubborn dirt and safe to use on non-stick cookware, copper and stainless steel, glassware and much more
- non-scratch: being non-scratch, they won't leave any scratches or marks on your dishes, pans, kitchen counters, windows etc
- eco-friendly:100% compostable and biodegradable
- quick-drying: no bad smell
- dry completely between uses
- boil in water to kill bacteria
- avoid soaking in water
- place away from high heat or flames
- cut in small pieces, then place in the green bin to compost or directly compost in the backyard
- loofah can also be used like coconut fibre in the garden, excellent at water retention, growing seedlings, creating a potting mix, pest resistance, and use as bedding in worm bins